OhioRISE provides behavioral health services such as Intensive and Moderate Care Coordination, Mobile Response and Stabilization Services (MRSS), Intensive Home-Based Treatment (IHBT), Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF), and Behavioral Health Respite to enrollees.
The OhioRISE Care Coordination Portal (CCP) is part of the CareSource Member Portal. This is where you get notices from CCP if you are part of OhioRISE. All of your health records are in one place.
OhioRISE System of Care
OhioRISE is based in a system-of-care (SOC) framework. It focuses on community-based services, care coordination, reduction of out-of-home placements, and identification and implementation of evidence-based services. To be part of OhioRISE, you must:
- Be enrolled in Ohio Medicaid
- Be under age 21
- Have had a behavioral health hospitalization
- Meet Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) criteria
OhioRISE uses the Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) assessment to determine if a child or youth qualifies for OhioRISE. CANS assessors gather information about the child or youth and their family and caregivers to understand their strengths and needs.
The CANS steps are:
- Referral* from CareSource to CANS assessors (1 business day)
- Assessment to take place within 72 hours
- Assessment is reviewed within 10 business days
- CareSource will tell you the results in 2 business days
*There are many ways to get a referral for a CANS assessment. It may be through CareSource, OhioRISE, the Medicaid Consumer Hotline, a local Care Management Entity (CME), a behavioral health provider, a Mobile Response Stabilization Services (MRSS) provider, or others.
Enrollment in OhioRISE for eligible children and youth begins on the submission date of their CANS assessment. In urgent cases, enrollment into OhioRISE can be:
- The date of admission for an inpatient hospital stay for mental illness or substance use disorder or
- The date of admission into a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF).
Use the Find a Doctor Tool to find a CANS provider.
Learn more about CANS at www.managedcare.medicaid.ohio.gov/managed-care/ohiorise/4-cans-resources.
To learn more about OhioRISE, call Aetna Better Health of Ohio at 1-833-711-0773 (TTY: 711), 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also learn more at AetnaBetterHealth.com/OhioRISE.