CareSource will pay for your prescription drugs and some prescription medical supplies at the pharmacy. Some examples are diabetic supplies, inhaler spacers, peak flow meters, syringes, needles, alcohol wipes and condoms. You will need to get your prescription drugs at a pharmacy that takes CareSource.
Find a Pharmacy near you. Simply type in your address and follow the prompts.
Most out-of-state pharmacies do not take CareSource, but most chain drug stores across the country do.If you think you will travel out of state, be sure to fill your prescriptions before you leave.
Please show your ID card with your prescription to the pharmacy. Your ID card will let pharmacies know that CareSource pays for your medicines.
Here are some more important facts about the prescription program:
- You have no copayments for your prescriptions.
- You have to go to a pharmacy that takes CareSource to get your prescriptions.
- The prior authorization requirements for your medicines may change.
If you have questions about your prescription drug coverage or problems with your pharmacy, call CareSource Member Services at the number below.
Specialty drugs might be ordered when you have a chronic or difficult health condition. They typically require special handling or monitoring.
CareSource uses CVS Caremark to supply specialty medications your doctor may prescribe. If you have been prescribed specialty drugs, CVS Caremark can:
- Help you get your prescription filled or change your pharmacy
- Deliver your specialty medications to your home, workplace or to your doctor’s office
- Help you learn about your specialty medication and give you support from specially-trained health care professionals
- Set up a visit from a nurse for those medications that need one
Most specialty drugs require a prior authorization before you get your medication. Contact your doctor for more information.
For more information, call CVS Specialty Pharmacy at 1-800-237-2767. They can take your call Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time.
You may also access the CVS Specialty Pharmacy website to manage prescription refills for existing specialty mail order medications as well as check coverage information. You can still get your non-specialty medications through your local pharmacy.
Do you have general questions about specialty pharmacy? Call Member Services at the number below.
Member Services: 1-800-488-0134 (TTY: 1-800-750-0750 or 711), 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday