Providers who wish to contract with CareSource® must first be credentialed. Through credentialing, we check the qualifications and performance of physicians and other health care practitioners. Providers are recredentialed a minimum of every three years and are considered to be recredentialed unless otherwise notified.
Contracting and Recredentialing Process
Our Vice President/Senior Medical Director is responsible for the credentialing and recredentialing program.
CareSource is a participating organization with CAQH. Please make sure that we have access to your provider application before you submit your CAQH number as referenced above:
Please also include the following documents:
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate
- Malpractice insurance face sheet
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Awards (CLIA) certificate, if applicable
- Standard Care Agreement (SCA), if an advanced practice nurse
- Supervisory agreement, if a physician assistant
It is essential that all documents are complete and current, or CareSource will discontinue the contracting and credentialing process.
If you have missing or expired documents, the Credentialing staff will send you a letter with instructions to correct and submit the updated information.