Non-Participating Provider Appeals & Disputes
Non-participating providers may request reconsideration of a claim denial. You must request an appeal within 60 days of the date of the remittance advice, and a signed Waiver of Liability (WOL) statement is required. If you do not submit a signed WOL, the appeal will be dismissed.
CareSource pays non-contracted providers as Medicare would have paid for the same service. Non-contracted providers have the right to request a reconsideration of the plan’s denial of payment:
- Non-contracted providers have 60 calendar days from the remittance notification date to file the reconsideration.
- Non-contracted providers must include a signed Waiver of Liability (WOL) statement holding the enrollee harmless regardless of the outcome of the appeal.
- Non-contracted providers should include documentation such as a copy of the original claim, the remittance notification showing the denial, any clinical records and other documentation that supports the argument for reimbursement.
- Non-contracted providers must mail the reconsideration within 60 calendar days of the explanation of payment (EOP) date or the remittance notification date, whichever is later, to CareSource, Attn: Provider Appeals, P.O. Box 2008, Dayton, OH 45401-2008.
- CareSource will review the evidence and respond to the dispute within 60 calendar days.
For more information, contact Health Partner Services at 1-844-679-7865.
CareSource is an HMO with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in CareSource Advantage Zero Premium™ (HMO), CareSource Advantage® (HMO), and CareSource Advantage Plus™ (HMO) depends on contract renewal.