Request Patient Services
We make it easy for you to request services for your patients. See below for benefit information and instructions to obtain services that enable improved access to care.
CareSource offers onsite sign and language interpreters as well as over-the phone (OPI) and video remote interpreting (VRI) when appropriate, for medical appointments outside of the surgical, hospital or emergency room setting*. These services are available to CareSource members who are hearing impaired, do not speak English, or have limited English-speaking proficiency. These services are available at no cost to the member or provider.
As a provider, you are required to identify the need for interpreter services for your CareSource patients and offer assistance to them appropriately. To request an interpreter for your patient, please use the Propio self-service portal. First-time users may begin the process of creating an account through Propio. For questions, please contact our Provider Services department at 1-800-488-0134. We ask that you let us know of members in need of interpreter services, as well as any members that may receive interpreter services through another resource.
*CareSource requires hospitals, emergency rooms and skilled nursing facilities, at their own expense, to offer sign and other language interpreters for members who are hearing impaired, do not speak English, or have limited English-speaking proficiency. This includes providers that perform in-office surgeries. These services should be available at no cost to the member.
CareSource can provide transportation for our Medicaid & MyCare members to covered health care services. Members can also get rides to Women, Infants and Children (WIC) appointments and redetermination meetings at the County Department of Medicaid.
Each Medicaid member can receive up to 30 one-way or 15 round trips per calendar year. For MyCare Opt-In members who also have CareSource manage their Medicare benefit, those numbers double.
If a Medicaid or MyCare member must travel 30 miles or more from their home to receive covered health care services, CareSource will provide transportation.
- Providers may schedule a ride by calling the Facility Line 1-833-297-3064 (TTY 711) or by using the provider transportation request portal.
- Provider organizations may request access to the provider transportation request portal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Medicaid members may schedule a ride by calling 1-800-488-0134 (TTY 711).
- MyCare members may schedule a ride by calling 1-855-475-3163 (TTY 711).
For more information about transportation, please view the Transportation Training.
Representatives are available by telephone Monday through Friday, except on the following holidays in 2023:
- New Year’s Day (Jan.2, 2023)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – observed (Jan. 16, 2023)
- Memorial Day (May 29, 2023)
- Independence Day (July 4, 2023)
- Labor Day (Sept. 4, 2023)
- Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 23, 2023)
- Day after Thanksgiving (Nov. 24, 2023)
- Christmas Eve – observed (Dec. 22, 2023)
- Christmas Day (Dec. 25, 2023)
Members access Member Services by calling our toll-free number, 1-855-475-3163 (TTY for the hearing impaired: 1- 800-750-0750). We are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Interpreter Service Request Form – Submit this form to request interpretation services for an upcoming appointment for a CareSource member.
CareSource24® Nurse Advice Line
If members have questions about their health or where to get care, CareSource24® provides around-the-clock access to a caring and experienced staff of registered nurses.
Members can call the CareSource24 toll-free number located on their ID cards 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.