Preventive services include:
- “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit (one-time).
- Alcohol misuse counseling.
- Bone mass measurement.
- Breast cancer screening (mammogram).
- Cardiovascular disease (behavioral therapy).
- Cardiovascular screenings.
- Cervical and vaginal cancer screening.
- Colorectal cancer screenings (colonoscopy, fecal occult blood test, flexible sigmoidoscopy).
- Glaucoma screening.
- Depression screening.
- Diabetes screenings.
- HIV screening.
- Medical nutrition therapy services.
- Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (for qualified members).
- Obesity screening and counseling.
- Prostate cancer screenings (PSA).
- Sexually transmitted infections screening and counseling.
- Tobacco use cessation counseling (counseling for people with no sign of tobacco-related disease).
- Vaccines, including flu shots, hepatitis B shots, pneumococcal shots.
Any additional preventive services approved by Medicare during the contract year will be covered.
You must use the in-network providers except in emergency or urgent care situations. If you obtain routine care from out-of-network-providers, neither Medicare nor CareSource will be responsible for the costs, unless specifically authorized by CareSource. You must use in-network pharmacies to access the prescription drug benefit, except under non-routine circumstances when you cannot reasonably use an in-network pharmacy.