Specialized Recovery Services Program
Welcome to the Specialized Recovery Services (SRS) program. The SRS program is a Medicaid-funded program that offers home and community-based services that are person-centered and aimed at supporting individuals in the community for individuals diagnosed with a severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI) or with a diagnosed chronic condition (DCC). The Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) has contracted with CareSource to manage the Specialized Recovery Services program in the state of Ohio.
CareSource is partnering with the local Area Agencies on Aging to deliver the Specialized Recovery Services program. The Area Agencies on Aging have many years of experience coordinating care and providing access and referrals to community resources. The Area Agencies on Aging are looking forward to providing recovery management services.
CareSource in partnership with the local Area Agencies on Aging, will provide Recovery Management for individuals that are determined to be eligible for the Specialized Recovery Services program. Along with a team of the enrolled individual’s choosing, the assigned Recovery Manager will work with the enrolled individual to address their home and community-based needs and develop a person-centered care plan to meet the individual’s specific needs.
- Participants must meet Medicaid eligibility (pending or active Medicaid case is required);
- Participants must be at least 21 years old;
- Participants must be diagnosed with a severe and persistent mental illness, or actively on the solid organ or soft tissue transplant waiting list (or previous transplant recipient), or have a diagnosed chronic condition, including certain malignancies, HIV/AIDS or immune deficiencies, end stage renal disease, sickle cell anemia, cystic fibrosis, or hemophilia;
- Demonstrate needs related to the management of his or her behavioral health or diagnosed chronic condition;
- Participants must reside in a private residence or in a residence that has home-like characteristics and cannot be institutional in nature: nursing facility, hospital or similar setting.
Services Offered for Enrolled Individuals:
- Recovery Management: The Recovery Manager works with the individual and a team of their choosing, to develop a person-centered care plan to address their home and community-based needs.
- Individualized Placement and Support – Supported Employment (IPS-SE): Assistance with finding and maintaining a meaningful job in the community based on an individual’s preferences and abilities. *Only available for individuals diagnosed with a severe and persistent mental illness. **Not available in all counties.
- Peer Recovery Support (PRS): Individualized support provided from others with a direct lived experience of a mental health or substance use disorder that engages, educates and supports individuals in their recovery. *Only available for individuals diagnosed with a severe and persistent mental illness. **Not available in all counties.
If you or someone you know would like more information regarding the Specialized Recovery Services Program, please contact us at 1-855-717-5676.
A referral for the Specialized Recovery Services Program also can be submitted via:
- Local County Department of Job and Family Services (CDJFS)
- BHCP@medicaid.ohio.gov mailbox
- Community Behavioral Health Centers
- Medicaid Provider
- Ohio Benefits Long-Term Services and Supports (OBLTSS)
Cincinnati Region 1-855-717-5676
Agency on Aging, AAA 3
Serving Allen, Auglaize, Champaign, Clark, Darke, Greene, Hancock, Hardin, Logan, Miami, Mercer, Montgomery, Preble, Putnam, Shelby, and Van Wert counties.
Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging, AAA 10A
Serving Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain and Medina counties.
Direction Home Akron Canton Area Agency on Aging
Serving Portage, Stark, Summit and Wayne counties.
Area Agency on Aging, AAA 11
Serving Ashtabula, Columbiana, Mahoning and Trumbull counties.
Area Office on Aging of Northwestern Ohio, AAA 4
Serving Defiance, Erie, Fulton, Henry, Lucas, Ottawa, Paulding, Sandusky, Williams and Wood counties.
Ohio District 5 Area Agencies on Aging, AAA 5
Serving Ashland, Crawford, Huron, Knox, Marion, Morrow, Richland, Seneca and Wyandot counties.
Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging, AAA 6
Serving Delaware, Fairfield, Fayette, Franklin, Licking, Madison, Pickaway and Union counties.
Area Agency on Aging, AAA 7
Serving Adams, Athens, Brown, Gallia, Highland, Hocking, Jackson, Lawrence, Meigs, Pike, Ross, Scioto and Vinton counties.
Area Agency on Aging, AAA 9
Serving Belmont, Carroll, Coshocton, Guernsey, Harrison, Holmes, Jefferson, Monroe, Morgan, Muskingum, Noble, Perry, Tuscarawas and Washington counties.
OH-HSBC-0007 Approved 9/27/2018