Behavioral health and substance abuse services are covered services for Humana – CareSource® members.
Beacon Behavioral Health
Humana – CareSource contracts with Beacon Behavioral Health to oversee behavioral health-related functions, including:
- Contracting and credentialing
- Claims processing and payment
- Referrals and triage
- Care management
Contact Beacon at 1-877-380-9729 to:
- Verify available behavioral health and substance abuse benefits
- Seek an appointment
- Seek direction for obtaining behavioral health and substance abuse services
Humana – CareSource members have access to specialty behavioral health Case Managers to help obtain both routine and higher complexity health care services.
- Outpatient routine office visits for therapy and medication management
- A broad range of hospital-based services for both behavioral health and substance dependence disorders
- Home-based therapy services
- Access to community-based resources
CareSource will assist members and primary care providers (PCPs) with provider referrals and with scheduling appointments for therapy and/or psychiatry services.
Access the following behavioral health resources:
- Beacon Provider Manual – Access Beacon’s policies and procedures
- Beacon PCP Tool Kit – Beacon has provided a tool kit to identify behavioral health conditions through well-known screening tools, as well as decision support
- Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Training
- Antipsychotic Medication Use in Children and Adolescents
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Opioid Tool Kit
- Suicide Prevention Tool Kit – Explore resources to help you integrate suicide prevention strategies into your practice
Humana – CareSource requires that behavioral health partners send initial and quarterly summary reports of a member’s behavioral health status to the PCP, with the member’s or the member’s legal guardian’s consent. Reports may be required more frequently if clinically indicated.