Paying for Your Insurance
Three Ways to Pay Premiums
We want you and your family to remain healthy, which is why it is important to pay your bill on time to keep your health insurance coverage. The fee you pay to CareSource, which provides your health insurance coverage, is called a premium. Each month you will receive a bill for your premium amount. There are three ways you can pay your bill:
- Pay Online: Pay by credit card, debit card or bank transfer. You will need to sign in to your My CareSource™ account to pay your bill. If you do not have a My CareSource account, you will need to create one to pay online. This is a free service to you.
- Pay by Phone: This free service is available by calling 1-855-202-0622. Use a credit card, debit card or bank transfer.
- Mail your Payment: You can send a check or money order to CareSource, P.O. Box 630093, Cincinnati, OH 45263-0093. Make checks or money orders payable to CareSource. Please include your member ID number on the check along with the payment coupon from your monthly invoice. This will ensure payment is posted to your account.
Paying your bill online and by phone are the fastest ways for CareSource to receive and post your payment.
Premium Payment Tips
- If you are a new enrollee in a CareSource plan, pay the full amount due on your first bill to make sure your coverage takes effect.
- Pay your premiums as early as possible each month. This lets us process and post your payment to your account. If we don’t have your payment by the end of the month, you are considered past due and your benefits are at risk.
- Please allow three business days (72 hours) for processing of phone or online payments. Allow seven to 10 business days for processing of payments made by mail.
- If you fall behind in your payments, pay the full amount due to make sure you keep your coverage and benefits.
You may also be responsible for paying other health care costs. Other costs may include a deductible, coinsurance and copayments. These costs are explained in in the Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms found on the Plan Documents & Resources page.
You may also log in to My CareSource, your personal, online account, to view claims and other plan details. If you have additional questions about paying for insurance, visit our Frequently Asked Questions or call 1-855-202-0622 (TTY for the hearing impaired: 1-800-982-8771 or 711).
If you owe any copayments or coinsurance, please pay these directly to the health care provider at the time you get services.