Enroll in Hoosier Healthwise
Our Hoosier Healthwise program serves Hoosier children under the age of 19 and pregnant women. We offer coverage for medical care like doctor visits, prescription medicine, mental health care, dental care, hospitalizations, surgeries, and family planning.
How to Apply for Hoosier Healthwise
Open Enrollment Periods
- Anytime during your first 90 days with a new health plan.
- Annually during your open enrollment period.
- Anytime you file a grievance with your health plan, and the state finds that you have a good reason to change health plans. Another name for good reason to change health plans is "just cause." This is when you have concerns over the quality of care being provided by your health plan. You must first contact your health plan so they can attempt to resolve your concern. If you are still unhappy after contacting your health plan, you can call the Hoosier Healthwise Helpline at 1-800-889-9949, and they will review your request.
The Hoosier Healthwise program has open enrollment. Open Enrollment means that you will remain enrolled in your chosen health plan for a one-year period so long as you remain eligible for Hoosier Healthwise. This gives your health plan an opportunity to improve the care it provides. With open enrollment, you can only change your health plan at certain times during the year.
Added Benefits from CareSource
- Vision and dental care, including checkups, teeth cleanings and eyeglasses.
- Low-cost prescription drugs, including all medically-necessary Medicaid-covered medications
- CareSource24®: Our 24/7/365 Nurse Advice Line.
- Express Banking®: A bank account from Fifth Third Bank with no monthly service charge, no balance requirement, no overdraft fees and a debit card for purchases.
- CareSource Mobile App: Provides access to member ID card, “how-to” videos and a quick search for doctors.
- Extra Help Cards: Up to $50 in gift cards for completing healthy activities. Can be used for over-the-counter items like Tylenol, cough medicine and vitamins; household products including toilet paper and detergent; personal items like soap, shampoo and diapers; and healthy food.
- JobConnect: Job assistance including coaching and training (as well as rides to and from coaching and training sessions).
- Help4U: Case Managers who can assist with housing, medical equipment, utilities and other urgent basic needs.
- Online programs for childhood obesity management, smoking cessation and other healthy lifestyle changes.
- Disease Management programs for asthma, ADHD, autism, behavioral health, chronic kidney disease and many more.
- SafeLink Free Cell Phone Program (for eligible members) to contact CareSource24 and the Customer Care Advocacy Team.
- Babies First: An incentive program that rewards pregnant and new mothers for healthy habits.
- Text4baby: A free text message three times per week, timed to the due date or baby's birth date, through pregnancy and up until the baby's first birthday.
- Medication Therapy Management: One-on-one medication review and consultation with your pharmacist to ensure your medications are appropriate and safest for your health care needs.
- Boys & Girls Club Membership (for children aged 6-18 years).
- Girl Scout Membership (for children in grades K through 8).