HIP Costs & Payments
We want you to keep your HIP Plus or HIP State Plan Plus coverage. The monthly amount you pay to CareSource is a POWER Account Contribution (PAC). Each month you will be billed for your PAC amount. It is important that you pay your PAC on time to keep you HIP Plus or HIP State Plan Plus benefits. This page tells you how to pay your PAC and helps you understand what you will owe.
There are many ways you can pay your bill:
- Pay Online: Pay by credit card, debit card or bank transfer. You will need to log in to your My CareSource account to pay your bill. If you do not have a My CareSource account, you will need to create one to pay online. This is a free service to you. (Note: Conditionally eligible, presumptive eligible and Fast Track members cannot make their first payment online). You can also set up your payments on My CareSource to happen automatically through auto pay. It’s secure, easy and hassle free.
- Pay by Phone: This free service is available by calling 1-844-607-2829 (TTY: 1-800-743-3333 or 711). Use a credit card, debit card or bank transfer.
- Pay by Mail: You can send a check or money order to CareSource, P.O. Box 6065, Indianapolis, IN 46206-6065. Make checks or money orders payable to CareSource. Please include your member Recipient ID (RID) number on the check along with the payment coupon from your monthly invoice. This will ensure payment is posted to your account.
- Pay by Cash: You can pay with cash at CVS, Dollar General, Family Dollar and Speedway retail locations. You will need the bar code found on the back of your CareSource welcome letter. You can find this letter in the Documents tab of your MyCareSource account. Make sure you get a receipt for your payment and keep it for your records.
- Pay by Payroll Deduction: If offered by your employer, you can use this form to arrange payroll deduction for your POWER Account Contribution.
Learn more about the different payment types listed above.
CareSource will accept:
- Monthly payments for HIP Plus participants
- A full year’s POWER Account Contribution for HIP Plus participants
- Any payment amount in between monthly payments for HIP Plus participants
Tips for Making Your HIP POWER Account Contribution
- Pay your PAC as early as possible each month. This lets us process and post your payment to your account. If we don’t have your payment, you may be considered past due and your benefits could be at risk.
- Make your contribution as early as possible each month. This lets us process and post your payment to your account. If we don’t have your payment, you may be considered past due and your benefits could be at risk.
- Please allow three business days (72 hours) for processing of phone or online payments. Allow seven to 10 business days for processing of payments made by mail.
- If you fall behind in your payments, pay the full amount due to make sure you keep your coverage and benefits. When your contribution becomes past due, you will receive 7 and 45 day reminders that will reflect the total amount due.
Understanding What You Will Owe
Your PAC is based on how your income compares to the Federal Poverty Level for your family size, as shown in the chart below. Learn more about what tier you are in here.
Tobacco Use Surcharge: HIP tobacco users will soon pay 50 percent more for their PAC, unless they stop using tobacco. HIP members who use tobacco have 12 months of HIP coverage to stop tobacco use. If you do not stop using tobacco, your will pay 50 percent more for your PAC. The first tobacco use surcharge will be applied to PACs for January 2019. CareSource encourages tobacco users to use covered benefits like counseling, coaching and tobacco cessation drugs. You can even earn rewards! Call CareSource to learn how we can help you quit using tobacco to keep your costs low. Learn more about the tobacco use surcharge.
Discounts: PAC discounts are applied for PAC spouses as shown below. You can also reduce your PAC for next year by:
- Using your POWER account funds wisely. Any money left in your POWER account will roll over and lower your PAC next year.
- Following recommended preventive care guidelines for men or women to double your rollover amount.
|Tier Name||FPL||Monthly PAC Single Individual||Monthly PAC Spouses||PAC with Tobacco Surcharge||Spouse PAC when one has tobacco surcharge||Spouse PAC when both have tobacco surcharge (each)|
|Tier 1||<22%||$1.00||$1.00||$1.50||$1.00 & $1.50||$1.50|
|Tier 2||23-50%||$5.00||$2.50||$7.50||$2.50 & $3.75||$3.75|
|Tier 3||51-75%||$10.00||$5.00||$15.00||$5.00 & $7.50||$7.50|
|Tier 4||76-100%||$15.00||$7.50||$22.5||$7.50 & $11.25||$11.25|
|Tier 5||101-138%||$20.00||$10.00||$30.00||$10.00 & $15.00||$15.00|
You may log in to My CareSource, your personal online account, to view claims and other plan details. If you have questions, call Member Services at 1-844-607-2829 (TTY: 1-800-743-3333 or 711).