Medicare reimbursement policies apply to Medicare Advantage plans in all states and the MyCare Ohio (Medicare-Medicaid) plan.
Reimbursement policies are designed to assist you when submitting claims to CareSource. They are routinely updated to promote accurate coding and policy clarification. These proprietary policies are not a guarantee of payment. Payments for claims may be subject to limitations and/or qualifications. Payment will be determined based upon a review of the actual services provided to a member and will be determined when the claim is received for processing. Providers and their office staff are encouraged to use self-service channels to verify member’s eligibility.
Decision making for Medicare Advantage is based upon the following hierarchy.
NCDs and LCDs can be found at www.CMS.gov. Please refer to the Coverage Determinations for Medicare Advantage policy for additional information on this process. The clinical rationale used by CareSource for making health coverage determinations is available by calling or faxing the CareSource Medical Management Department.
The policies below are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it here.
Current Reimbursement Policies
ABack to Top
- Cardiac Pacemaker Evaluation Services
- Consultation Services Rendered by a Podiatrist in a Skilled Nursing Facility
HBack to Top
IBack to Top
NBack to Top
RBack to Top
- Screening and Surveillance for Colorectal Cancer
- Skilled Nursing Facilities - MyCare Ohio
- Sleep Studies
- Sleep Testing for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Three-Day Payment Window
- Thyroid Testing
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair
- Transthoracic Echocardiogram
- Treatment of Psoriasis